Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fire

I read this poem today on the Writer's Almanac


Peace, Healing, Humor


Cora


Fire


by Wyatt Townley

It's only the body
It's only a hip joint
It's just a bulging disc
It's only weather
It's only your heart
It's a shoulder who needs it
This happens all the time
It's very common
It's unusual
For people your age
For people your age
You're in great shape
Remarkable shape
It's nothing you did
The main thing is
It's temporary
It's only a doll
In a house that's burning

3 comments:

  1. Cora, you live with fire in a way that makes me hold my breath and wonder. Sendingmy love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to take my creative writing class?? :-) Or maybe be a guest speaker?? You found a gem with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to take your class P... set me up with a virtual standing desk, and I'm in !
    XO

    ReplyDelete